Thursday, July 21, 2011

Walgreens and Stop and Shop Couponing Adventures - 7/21/2011

Here we are again, this has been a pretty good week for couponing!  I'm trying to get the most out of the coupons I have that expire at the end of the month.  Not much time left to use them!  On the blogs out there, there seems to be some good deals in the works for next week, so I hope that this week gives me the momentum to keep going and get the best deals next week, too.  So, here are the trips that I did today.

Earlier today, on my way to school/work (I'm a full time graduate student, so it's my job as well.  I work as a teaching assistant during the school year), I stopped at Walgreens.  I knew that Milka chocolate bars were on sale this week, so I wanted to stop by and see if this particular store had them in stock.  I tried previously this week at a different store, and they were sold out.  Apparently, some people really like their chocolate!  :-)  Here was my trip:


Purchased:

  • (2) Milka Milk Chocolate Bars (3.52oz) - On Sale 2/$3
    • $1/2 Milka Chocolate Bars - Walgreens July Coupon Booklet
    • (2) $1/1 Milka Chocolate Bars
    • Final Price: FREE!!!
  • Penway 1-Subject College Rule Spiral Notebook - $0.39
    • Used as a Filler Item
    • Final Price: $0.39 each
I had to get a filler item above because Walgreens coupon policy states that you must have the same number of items as you do coupons.  I was using 3 coupons on the Milka chocolate bars, so I needed 3 items.  Usually, you try to choose an extremely low priced item.  Today, that happened to be a notebook (they were out of the $0.09 folders, that would have been even better!) So, here is a summary:
  • Total Before Coupons: $3.39
  • Total Value of Coupons: $3.00
  • Total After Coupons: $0.39
  • Total OOP: $0.41
  • Percent Savings: 88.5%
On my way home from school/work, I had to make an unscheduled stop at the grocery store (Stop and Shop) for dinner.  This is a habit/event that my husband and I are trying to not have to do.  Everything that I bought for the dinner would still be fine, had I bought it on Monday with my other groceries.  Nonetheless, here is the trip:

Purchased:
  • Lemon - $0.75
  • (2) Honest Tea (Peach) - $1.25
    • On Sale for $1.00
    • (2) $1/1 Honest Tea/Ade Products MFC
    • Final Price: FREE!
  • SB Pitted Black Olives - $1.34
    • On Sale for $1.25
  • Kosher Dill Spears (Pickles) - $2.79
    • On Sale for $2.00
    • $0.25 Personal Thanks Coupon
    • Final Price: $1.75
  • (2) Schick Women's Disposable Razors (12ct) - $6.49
    • On Sale - BOGO Free
    • BOGO Free Schick Disposable Razors MFC
    • Final Price: FREE!!!
  • Daisy Light Sour Cream (8oz) - $1.50
  • Also used (1) reusable bag, so that was another $0.05 personal thanks savings
So, here's the summary!
  • Total Before Coupons & Store Card: $21.86
  • Total Store Card Savings: $7.87
  • Total Personal Thanks Savings: $0.30
  • Total Coupon Savings: $8.49
  • Total After Coupons & Store Card: $5.20
  • Total OOP: $5.20
  • Percent Savings: 76%
That's the goal at the grocery store!  I was very happy with that trip.  Will be going to Rite Aid and Walgreens again tomorrow to try and track down some of those missing items!!  Share your couponing adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment