Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Couponing Adventures

I thought I'd start a blog to track my couponing adventures first for my own thoughts (good/bad experiences, good shopping trips, advice I receive, etc.), and second to share my good finds with others!  So, first a little about me.  I'm a 25 year old newlywed.  My husband and I have been married for just under a year, and have been trying anything and everything to save money so we can eventually buy our dream house to put our future family in.  I have only been couponing for about 2 months now, and have already found that I am addicted to it!  I love finding the deals, searching and scouring online and in the stores for coupons and freebies.  I have a very tiny stockpile at this point which consists of mainly health and beauty aids (shampoo, OTC medicine/pain killers, shaving care items, and oral health items).  Unfortunately, as I've read fairly often on the other blogs and couponing websites, the summer is a down time for coupons, and as such many have had trouble building up and even maintaining their edible stockpiles.  Unfortunately, we can't eat toilet paper and toothpaste for dinner!  My goal in couponing when I first started was not to get everything I buy for free, but to get what I need for cheaper, maybe 50% off, especially at the grocery store.  I'm still not at that (see the above comments), but I hope come the fall, more coupons will come out.  I find it funny when people give me a second glance when I walk into a store with my coupon binder.  At Target last week, I took my husband on his first real coupon trip, and at the end of checkout, the register clerk was pretty impressed with the amount that we saved (roughly speaking, we got $50 in product for under $10).

So, I hope that you enjoy reading this blog and I hope that we can all learn from each other on this adventure in couponing!  Have an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment