Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Schools Supplies Galore!! W/O 8/28/2011

Due to Hurricane Irene coming through my area ALL day on Sunday and power being out in much of Connecticut still (3 full days later...) I've had to spread out my shopping.  Unfortunately, I was only able to find the P&G insert in the local Saturday papers, but that seems to be all I've needed for the most part this week.  It's a shame that I didn't get a chance to find the other two inserts, but I have an email in to RedPlum, hoping they might be able to help me out.  And we'll see what happens.  Not supposed to be any inserts this week, but maybe the papers will distribute the ones from last week this week?  One can only hope, but my hopes are not very high up there.  :-)  I hope everyone in the path of Hurricane Irene has made progress since.  Luckily, I only lost power for about 3 hours, and there is no real damage in the area except a few down trees, branches, and power lines.  Now, onto the deals!  First, a picture:


This is the fullest picture I've posted so far!  Let's see how I did.

CVS:  Did two transactions, not really on purpose, it just sort of happened.

Transaction 1:  I bought
  • (2) Dawn w/ Olay Hand Renewal (9.5 oz.) - Regularly $1.57, On Sale for $0.99
  • (1) St. Joseph Aspirin (36 ct.) - Regularly $2.67, On Sale for $2.00
  • (2) Visine Advanced Relief (15mL) - Regularly $4.89 ea., On Sale BOGO 50%
  • (1) Always Pantiliners (20 ct.) - Regularly $1.57
Coupons used:
  • (2) $1.00 MFC Dawn Plus
  • (1) $1.00 MFC St. Joseph Aspirin 
  • (2) $3.00 MFC Visine
  • (1) CVS Free Always Pantiliner - Deducted $1.77
So, I got paid $2.11 + tax for a little over $17 in product.  I also earned $2.00 in ECB for the St. Joseph Aspirin.

Transaction 2: I bought
  • (2) Dawn w/ Olay Hand Renewal (9.5 oz.) - Regularly $1.57, On Sale for $0.99
  • (2) Orbit Tropical Remix (14 ct.) - Regularly $1.49, On Sale for BOGO Free
    • **Note: This was an error on the shelf, so when I questioned the cashier, he gave me that price.  Do not expect this at your CVS as this was an error in my specific store, and he took down the tag.
  • (1) Orbit Raspberry Lemon Mist (14 ct.) - Regularly $1.67, On Sale for $1.25
Coupons used:
  • (2) $1.00 MFC Dawn Plus
  • (2) $1.00 CVS Orbit 14-15ct
So, I paid $0.72 + tax for about $8 in product.  I also earned $1.00 ECB for using the Green Bag Tag.  EVERYONE should get one of these!!  Every 4th time that you use a reusable bag and have your green bag tag scanned, you earn $1.00 in ECB!!!  It's free money, and something we can all be doing easily to help our environment!

Walgreens:  Here I did two transactions as well.  I've been searching for the Crest Toothpaste deal, but the two stores that I've gone to have been completely wiped out of them.  That's okay though, I have plenty from last week.  Just looking for good ways to use up my RR and put together some nice baskets for donating/gifts, etc.

Transaction 1: I bought
  •  (1) Estroven Extra Strength (28 ct.) - On Sale for $10.00
  • (3) Papermate Mechanical Pencils (10 ct.) - On Sale for $0.39
  • (1) Crayola Crayon (2 ct.) - On Sale for $1.00
Coupons Used:
  • (1) $3.00 MFC Estroven
  • (3) $3.00 RR
So after the store sales and coupon savings, I paid $0.17 + tax for about $24 in products.  I also received $11.00 in RR for next time ($10 for Estroven, $1 for Crayola).

Transaction 2: I purchased
  • (1) Carmex Lime Twist (0.15 oz.) - Regularly $1.99, On Sale for $1.50
I used $1.00 in RR, so I paid $0.50 + tax, and received $1.50 in RR for next week.

Rite Aid: I only did one transaction here.  I learned something about Rite Aid with this trip though.  Oddly enough, some of the men's body wash is in a separate section than the women's, but some of it isn't!  Go figure.  :-)  So, I purchased:
  • (2) Nivea (Women's) Bodywash - Regularly $5.99, On Sale for $4.49
  • (1) Nivea for Men's Bodywash - Regularly $4.99, On Sale for $4.49
  • (1) Oral-B CrossAction Power Toothbrush - Regularly $7.99, On Sale for $5.99
  • (1) RA Sponge Makeup Wedges (16 ct.) - Regularly $3.99, Wellness Discounted at $3.59
I used the following coupons:
  • (2) $2.00 MFC Nivea (Women's) Bodywash
  • (1) $2.00 MFC Nivea for Men's Bodywash
  • (1) $3.00 MFC Oral-B Battery Toothbrush
  • (1) $7.00 +UP
So, I paid $7.05 for approximately $29.00 in product.  I should be getting a $2.99 SCR and I received $6.00 +UP for next time.

Target:  Here I made a big trip.  Spent a lot of money, but unfortunately, some of our laundry got stolen a few weeks back, and while we got reimbursed, I still have to account for this as money spent.  *sigh*  Thank goodness it was only a load of whites!!  So, socks and undershirts for my husband are included here, but not in the picture (he just couldn't wait to get them in his drawers!  :-)).

I purchased:
  • (2) Hanes Boys Socks - On Sale for $4.00
  • (2) Hanes Crew Undershirts - Regularly $10.00
  • (1) Country Time Lemonade Mix - Regularly $2.54, On Sale for $1.97
  • (2) Progresso Soups - Regularly $1.99, Clearanced to $0.98
  • (2) Progresso Soups - Regularly $1.99, Clearanced to $0.54
  • (1) L'Oreal Lip Gloss - Regularly $7.49, Clearanced to $1.87
  • (2) Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color - Regularly $2.04, Clearanced to $1.42
  • (1) Suave Dry Shampoo - On Sale for $2.60
  • (3) Febreeze Set&Refresh - On Sale for $2.50
  • (2) Febreeze Air Effects - On Sale for $2.50
Coupons used:
  • (1) $1.00 MFC Progresso Soup (wyb 4)
  • (1) $1.00 MFC L'Oreal Lip Product
  • (2) $1.00 Target Sally Hansen Nail Color
  • (1) $1.00 MFC Sally Hansen Nail Color (wyb 2)
  • (1) FREE Suave Professionals Product (Deducted $3.00)
  • (3) $1.00 MFC Febreeze Set & Refresh
  • (2) $1.00 MFC Air Effects
So, I spent $39.82 + tax on well over $65 worth of products, and I received a $5.00 Target Giftcard for the purchase of the Febreeze products.

Walmart:  This was an easy trip.  I didn't buy much.  I purchased (2) Rubbermaid Takealongs for $1.98 each, and used a $1.00/2 MFC coupon which expires next week.  We needed these, so I figured, I might as well use the coupon rather than let it go to waste after it expires.  I also picked up the September issue of All You.  I cannot wait for my subscription to start coming in the mail!!  It was so much cheaper than buying these issue by issue.  I'm still saving money on each of these, but boy, I can't wait to eliminate this Walmart trip from my week!  All in all, I spent $5.45 + tax on $6.50 in product.

Office Max: Did two trips here.  I totally missed the poly binders the first time around.  No coupons necessary really, so here's what I purchased:

Transaction 1:
  • (3) Schoolio Crayons (24 ct.) - Regularly $0.99, On Sale for $0.05
  • (5) Folders - Regularly $0.25 , On Sale for $0.01
  • (2) 6'' Protractors - Regularly $1.49, On Sale for $0.01
  • (1) Metal Compass - Regularly $1.49, On Sale for $0.01
  • (3) Ringbinder Ruler 12'' - Regularly $0.99, On Sale for $0.01
Spent $0.26 + tax on $11.57 worth of product.

Transaction 2:
  • (5) 1.5'' Ring PolyBinder - Regularly $1.00, On Sale for $0.30
So, I spent $1.50 + tax on $5.00 worth in binders.

Finally, Staples:  I purchased
  • (5) College Rule Filler Paper - Regularly $0.99, On Sale for $0.01
  • (1) Do Something Ream of Copy Paper - Regularly $4.00
  • (2) Staples Stickies 1/2 inch - Regularly $3.00, On Sale for $0.50
  • (2) Bic Clic Stic - Regularly $3.99, On Sale for $0.50
I used one $1.00/2 Bic Stationary Product and I used a staples coupon for a rebate of up to $3.50 on the Do Something Ream of Copy Paper.  So, I spent $5.05 + tax on $23.00 worth of product, and will be getting that rebate.  Not too shabby.

So, total summary of this week:  I purchased $196.94 worth of product and spent only $62.64 + tax.  I also have $2.99 SCR from Rite Aid coming, $3.50 Easy Rebate from Staples coming, and an $5.00 Target Gift Card.  I also have $3.00 more in ECB, and $3.50 more in RR.  I am down $1.00 in +UP.  So, all together, I spent $45.65.  That is more than 76% savings this week.  If you take out the socks and under shirts for my husband, that is $166.96 in product for $17.65, for more than 89% savings.  :-)  Take that Hurricane Irene!!

I start school again next week, so hopefully this lasts me a while.  It's certainly been a blast!  :-)  Be sure to report your couponing adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment